Sunday, September 18, 2011

Something for Teacher

 Happy Sunday everyone.. Wow just a few more hours and where off and running again with our week... I am still finding my way back to the normal routine of getting the kids off to school and then having a few hours to my self before I too head off to "work".. So I know that everyone might be done with all their "back to school" cards for teachers and their students.. But I am still playing catch up.. I usually will have a card for  the teachers on the "first" day of school. especially for my youngest one. She still enjoys being able to give her teacher a gift.. But this year was a little hectic because we where settling into a new address and new school.
But This Wednesday they are having a "meet and greet" breakfast for the parents.
So this is why I am showcasing Ms Lucy from the "Puddle Jumper" image from By Lori Boyd designs.. I sure enjoyed being a part of Lori's DT a few months back and still LOVE all her images... Lucy was just perfect for the card for Lynette's teacher with her little school bag ,books and of course an "apple" for the teacher.

I used this week's Deconstructed #19 sketch by Jen Shutlz
Deconstructed Sketch 19
I colored Lucy with my Prisma and OMS. can't really see but she has glitter with stickles on her bag, hair ribbon and even some on the top of her "socks"... My DP is from Basic Gray "Hopscotch".. I had only purchased a 6x6 sample pack from Claudia and Co.. But I think I might have to get the Whole pack because it is just SOO gorgeous and I do love it soo.. Sentiment is from Paulette over at Create with TLC.. Card stock is from PTI, white gell pen and pop dots to finish it off.

Challenges:
Airfactory- Back to School
Craft Us Crazy- School time
Cute Card Thursday- Any Thing Goes
Diva's By Designs- Back to School
Basic Gray- Pink and Brown ( DP Hopscotch)

Happy Scrapping,

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute I love your colouring thanks for playing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and what a nice thing to do for the teachers. Glad you joined us at AiFactory this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharette, lovely card! you've coloured your image beautifully and all the papers are so stunning :) Though, I'm afraid, you probably won't be eligible for a win at the AiFactory challenge this week because you didnt use the Ella with apple for teacher image :( quick! make another one!
    Hugs, Petra*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so adorable Sharette! Gorgeous papers and such a CUTE little image!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharette, what a sweet card! Love the image and the patterned paper is just great. Hope the "meet and greet" at the school went well. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Listen to faithnmex6s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones